How was the weekend for you? I have to say, yesterday definitely felt more like Fall. I do believe we are approaching a change of seasons here in Colorado. I had a nice weekend with my family up in Estes Park – it was my Dad’s 70 birthday! Hard to believe my Dad has hit this big mark in his life. I’m really glad he and my Mom are in such good health and that they take of themselves. For my Dad, he is a very driven man, perhaps not by the right energies but he does push himself to get things done and stay active. I’m grateful to have my parents alive and also for a relationship with them.
I will say it hasn’t always been this way. Growing up was very difficult being the baby of the family. I had a very different view of how things worked and perceived a lot of tensions and emotions all throughout my childhood. It’s interesting to see how the family dynamics have evolved over the years and how now, us, the kids, have become adults and have experienced the world in a lot of varying degrees up to this point and it’s given all of us a very different view of the world we perceive.
I want to address the topic of forgiveness that been coming up rather a lot for me in group meetings and with a few of my clients. The quote for today is, “In the blink of an eye everything can change. So forgive often and love with all your heart. You may never know when you may not have the chance again.” Think about that statement for a minute, how often do you an I hold this negative aspect so close to our hearts and minds it become toxic to our mental health.? If we are choosing not to forgive a moment may pass us by and leave us with regret and shame. I’ve thought about this very thing a lot over my life and I could never grapple with the concept of fully understanding forgiveness. I’ve seen this play out in my family as I’m sure you’ve seen in your own. One member of the family chooses a way forward to mend and repair past hurts and abuses, the other does not and allows the bitterness to foster a lot of collateral damage in their lives.
Meditate on this for this upcoming week, in what areas could you begin to forgive others? A bigger question to ask is, in what areas can you begin to forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made? It all starts with you and I and with the relationship with ourselves. There’s a lot of peace and healing that can come from working on these areas of our lives and I desire to share more about this in the coming days.
Love & Light
GGAQ’s & the beginning…
– Woke up at 06:00 and meditated for about 12ish minutes. The weather was nice and cool today and I really didn’t want to wake up, however the day must start.
– Coffee was on and I spent some time with my parents this morning as today was my Pop’s birthday – 70!
– Headed out early and got to work and knocked out a good amount of work. Swung by the park, did yoga for 10 minutes and walked the dog.
– Came back to the truck, ate lunch, wrote out my GGAQ’s, and now working on finishing this post 🙂
- Bring in an extra $1k this week
- Get a small car for running Uber
- Shoot promo video this week for CC by Friday
- Do two product reviews for YouTube channel
- Clean out storage unit, Wednesday
- Get caught up on little items this week
- Locate 25 event planners to contact after this week
- Get booked for 2x speaking engagements in September
- Develop the speech I have and deliver to my Toastmasters group in the next 2 weeks
- Focus on upping my game
- For money in this morning from working Uber
- For spending time this weekend with my family
- For my health and mind
- For my dog
- For my tools: iPhone, laptop, books, notepads, pens
- For Electricity
- For Refrigerator
- For cold drinks
- For coffee, clean water, good food
- For cool weather
- For opportunities abounding around me
- I AM getting booked for 2 speaking engagements in the next 4 weeks
- I am in the flow of abundance in all areas of my life
- I am honorable and disciplined in my life
- I am successful and attracting the right clients and opportunities into my life
- I am wise and speak the truth and take responsibility for my life
- I have all that I need to be successful right now and I am
- What are the words to speak in my promo video that will resonate with my future clients?
- Where do I market in order to get booked for September?
- What is the right thing to do now in my decision making?
- How do I become the best version of myself today?
- How do I bring in and where do I look to attract $1k into my life by Thursday of this week?
Namaste to you